Complementary Full-Service Business Legal Counsel
Innovista’s strategic alliance with Woods Rogers PLC gives Innovista clients access to lawyers from Woods Rogers who offer a depth of experience across a number of legal areas of interest to telecommunications providers, technology companies and social entrepreneurs. The strategic alliance also allows the firms’ attorneys to collaborate on legal issues, tapping into unique knowledge and experience to offer clients superior legal services.
Strategic Alliance Q & A
Why has Innovista entered into this strategic alliance?
- Our clients, some of the nation’s leading telecommunications and technology entrepreneurs, confront a range of legal issues in their businesses.
- Collaborating with a full-service firm allows Innovista to access lawyers with deep knowledge across a variety of subject matters, thus helping to ensure high-quality legal services and efficient attention to our clients’ legal matters when unique issues arise.
- Woods Rogers is a well-known, A-V rated law firm, with a highly skilled and experienced team of lawyers trained at the nation’s leading law schools. Like Innovista, Woods Rogers prides itself on maintaining low overhead so that its superb legal services can be accessible to start-ups and entrepreneurial companies.
What is a strategic alliance?
A strategic alliance is an agreement to collaborate; it allows Innovista to continue to maintain its own culture and grow its practice, while ensuring that our clients have access to attorneys with deep experience in subject matters beyond those where Innovista's lawyers routinely practice.
What areas of practice will Innovista be able to offer its clients as a result of the strategic alliance with Woods Rogers?
Woods Rogers is a full-service business law firm with attorneys practicing across a wide array of subject areas. Of particular interest to Innovista clients, Woods Rogers attorneys can assist clients in areas including:
- Corporate and business law for start-up companies, closely held businesses, and public companies
- IP licensing
- Venture capital financing
- Real estate transactions
- Labor and employment
- Tax and Estate Planning
- Administrative and Regulatory
- Tax Exempt Organizations and Financing
How will the strategic alliance impact my client relationship with Innovista?
As a general matter, the strategic alliance will have no impact on your relationship with Innovista. Innovista lawyers will continue to be the primary point of contact on all legal matters and most of our existing client work will continue to be done by Innovista’s lawyers. For legal needs that extend into other areas where Innovista’s lawyers have less experience, or specialized training is required, Innovista will consult with clients regarding the desirability of collaborating with one or more lawyers from Woods Rogers on the specific matter. Woods Rogers attorneys will only work on matters for clients of Innovista with the client’s knowledge and consent.
About Innovista Law PLLC:
Founded in 2014 by nationally recognized telecommunications attorneys, Innovista Law maintains a national legal practice that’s purposefully designed using the latest technology and smart work environments to streamline operations, lower overhead, and foster inventive thinking. Our ‘big law’ experience and ‘small firm’ efficiency allows our clients to build that big idea on a solid legal and business foundation. Our clients run the gamut from telecommunications providers and technology companies to social entrepreneurs. They’re in emerging market spaces that move fast and legal environments that are evolving just as quickly.
About Woods Rogers PLC:
Woods Rogers PLC has been serving clients in Virginia, and beyond, since 1893. More than 60 attorneys at Woods Rogers represent 17 practice areas and 100-plus related services. The firm’s largest practice areas by attorney count are Business and Corporate law and Labor and Employment law. Virginia Lawyers Weekly ranks Woods Rogers as the 10th largest law firm in Virginia in 2015. Based in Roanoke, Woods Rogers has additional offices in Charlottesville, Danville, and Richmond. The firm is proud of its history of community involvement and reputation as one of the oldest, most experienced, and most respected firms in the Commonwealth.